Cocktail Sneakers announced their company launch with a new line of fashion sneakers. The all-female company is redefining sneaker culture for women with a line of sneakers that transition seamlessly from casual daywear to more elegant evening attire, complementing the active woman’s lifestyle.
After discovering a void in the marketplace, Cocktail Sneakers founder, Susan Hassett, was inspired to create a line of fashion sneakers with feminine sensibilities that would be well constructed, beautiful, and comfortable. “I had been in search of a sneaker smart enough for an impromptu meeting and polished enough for after sunset, but every ‘fashion’ sneaker on the market was just a permutation of a gym shoe,” said Hassett, “It was during cocktail hour on Nantucket, relegated to my generic sneakers, when I first conceptualized Cocktail Sneakers.”
The collection, which took several years to develop, started with the design process in Brooklyn, New York and was wear-tested and brought to life by a team of talented women from around the globe. “Not only are we redefining sneaker culture for women, our entire team is, by total happenstance, comprised of dynamic women: from an all-female team of designers, to a factory owned and run by a woman, to an all-female branding and development firm,” continued Hassett, who is now running her own business once again after having sold another company years earlier to focus on family and philanthropy. “We’re in an exciting time for women. We can lead extraordinarily full lives, balancing careers, family, friendships, and volunteerism.”
The initial Cocktail Sneaker collection consists of four styles in multiple color-ways, priced between $195–$225, and available now for purchase online at CocktailSneakers.com and at a number of select boutiques across the United States. Design highlights include:
- A unique, almond-shaped toe and thin sole, designed to reflect an elevated sense of femininity.
- A skid resistant sole for confidence under foot.
- Constructed from calfskin and other fine materials, with thoughtful detailing, including a signature sunset-orange sock lining made of breathable kidskin.
- Performance-level custom insoles made of high-density, closed-cell foam with a deep heel cup for better support and shock absorption.
- A unique eco-friendly cork insert for custom fitting.